Lodge a Complaint
Free call 1800 550 552 (Note: mobile phone users may incur charges).
9 am to 5 pm weekdays or leave us a phone message.
If you need an interpreter
- Tell us when you call and we will arrange to use the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) or, for people who speak an Indigenous language, the Aboriginal Interpreter Service (AIS) or the Kimberley Interpreting Service (KIS).
- Alternatively, please call the TIS directly on 131 450 and ask them to transfer you to our number 1800 550 552.
- People who speak an Indigenous language can contact the AIS on 1800 334 944 or the KIS on 08 9192 3981.
If you are hearing or speech impaired contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users: phone 1800 555 677 then ask for our number 1800 550 552
- Speak and Listen users: phone 1800 555 727 then ask for our number 1800 550 552
- Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service and enter 1800 550 552.
We will respond to you during business hours; within 24 to 48 hours after receiving your complaint. If your matter is urgent, please free call 1800 550 552.
You can write a letter to us, at:
Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
GPO Box 9848
(Your capital city and state/territory)
Make sure your letter includes:
- your name, address and telephone number
- the date you are lodging your complaint
- details of your complaint, including specific dates of events and relevant comments
- the name of the aged care home or service and the state/territory in which it is located
- the name of the person receiving aged care that your complaint relates to.