Lodge a Complaint

Page last updated: 29 November 2017


Free call 1800 550 552 (Note: mobile phone users may incur charges).

9 am to 5 pm weekdays or leave us a phone message.

If you need an interpreter

If you are hearing or speech impaired contact us through the National Relay Service:

  • TTY users: phone 1800 555 677 then ask for our number 1800 550 552
  • Speak and Listen users: phone 1800 555 727 then ask for our number 1800 550 552
  • Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service and enter 1800 550 552.


You can submit a complaint through our Online Complaints Form.

We will respond to you during business hours; within 24 to 48 hours after receiving your complaint. If your matter is urgent, please free call 1800 550 552.


You can write a letter to us, at:

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
GPO Box 9848
(Your capital city and state/territory)

Make sure your letter includes:

  • your name, address and telephone number
  • the date you are lodging your complaint
  • details of your complaint, including specific dates of events and relevant comments
  • the name of the aged care home or service and the state/territory in which it is located
  • the name of the person receiving aged care that your complaint relates to.

In this section