The resources listed here provide information on complaints handling related topics.
- Australian Standard ISO 10002-2006: Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for complaints handling in organisations
The Standard provides guidance for the design and implementation of an effective and efficient complaints-handling process for all types of activities. It is intended to benefit an organisation and its customers, complainants and other interested parties.
- Commonwealth Ombudsman’s Better Practice Guide to Complaint Handling
This guide defines the essential principles for effective complaint handling and can be used by agencies when developing or evaluating their complaint handling systems.
- Commonwealth Ombudsman’s Better Practice Guide to Managing Unreasonable Complainant Conduct
This manual has been developed to provide management strategies for dealing with unreasonable complainant conduct. It aims to provide strategies for staff to better manage their response to complainants who exhibit unreasonable conduct, while maintaining a high level of service for the community.
- NSW Ombudsman’s Managing Unreasonable Complainant Conduct
This manual provides an extensive range of strategies for dealing with unreasonable complainant conduct.
- Effective complaints management fact sheets
From the Ombudsman Northern Territory, this series of fact sheets covers topics such as complaints management models, communication, personnel and training, assessment and investigation, remedies and business improvement.
- Guide to complaint handling in health care services
This Guide from the Office of the Health Services Commissioner in Victoria is designed to assist health service providers to develop and implement effective complaint handling practices. An important aspect of this is supporting staff to deal with and learn from complaints.
- Complaints management training
The Queensland Ombudsman has designed a training program to help front line officers and internal review officers to manage complaints more effectively.
- Australian Aged Care Quality Agency complaints management workshop
The Australian Aged Care Quality Agency provides a one-day workshop that will equip you with the skills and knowledge to develop a robust complaints management system based on internationally recognised standards. Phone 1800 728 589.